Things You Should & Should Not Do Post Blood Test
Blood tests are the most important part of a healthcare procedure. An experienced healthcare specialist carefully dares some blood from your arm to detect health issues taking a toll on your physical & psychological health.
Every coin has a flip side too! There are some things you should do and you should not do after your blood test. You must know about these things. What do you want to learn about first?
Let us start on a positive note. We will first tell you about things you should do after the blood test.
The Things You Should Do;
- Always rest your arm for some time.
- Make sure you wear loose and unrestrictive clothing above or around the puncture site.
- Avoid putting pressure on your arm with strenuous lifting or exercises.
- Always apply a gauze bandage for the prevention of excessive bleeding.
- Apply pressure for about the first five minutes if bleeding does not stop.
- Notify the lab staff immediately about the troubles you experience after the test.
- Treat bruising with RICE (Rest, Ice, Compression & Elevation).
- If needed, talk to the best healthcare specialists in your area to do the right thing.
That’s it? Is it enough? No! Little knowledge is always a dangerous thing.
Learning about the things you should do after the blood test helps you avoid many health issues or complications.
Similarly, you must know about things you should never do after the blood test. We suggest you learn about those.
The Things You Should Not Do:
- Always stay miles away from all types of alcoholic products and beverages.
- Do not do any heavy exercise.
- Don’t do tasks that require you to stand for long periods.
- Don’t stay hungry or thirsty for long periods if you feel uncomfortable. Instead, eat healthy fruits or drink juices and rest for some time.
- Do not take a hot bath.
- Do not take sauna sessions.
Doing these things after the blood test could be a huge mistake. These mistakes could result in multiple short-term health issues. In case you are already feeling unwell, your condition could get from bad to worse.
Are you thinking about getting your blood test done? Don’t have time for it? Don’t worry! You need not leave your work in the middle to get your blood tested. Instead, download the VHelp mobile app, get your account up & running, login to your VHelp account, tap the healthcare services, and select the blood test option.
Our team of experienced and certified blood test specialists will ring your doorbell with a proper kit to collect the sample of your blood.
Do you want to know more about VHelp? Get details on our official website. or Download our vhelp app